Quick recipes that are easy to make and taste so good are the ones we all love Ι think. Here is one with a super easy tart crust and an easy, tasty filling! I made it small, if you want you can double the ingredients to fill a 26 centimeter (10.25 inches) tart pan.
Ingredients for the filling:
- 2 cups of chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 of a red sweet pepper, chopped
- 1/2 of a tomato chopped
- 1/2 cup of grated or shredded vegan cheese
- dried rosemary
Ingredients for the marinade:
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder or 1 minced garlic clove
- sea salt
Combine the marinade ingredients in a bowl and add the chopped mushrooms with the peppers. Leave them for at least half an hour in the marinade, it makes them soft and bursting with flavor. In the meantime, preheat the oven to 160° Celsius (320° F) and begin making the crust!
Ingredients for the crust:
- 1 and 1/6 of a cup of gluten free self raising all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons of cold vegan butter (fridge temperature)
- 1/2 teaspoon of raw cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 3 Tablespoons of gluten free gluten substitute from Orgran
- 6 Tablespoons of cold water
Mix all the dry ingredients with the butter and work with your hands until they are crumbs. Add one tablespoon of water each time and work the dough until it’s not sticking to your hands anymore. Spread the dough on a pan and stretch it with your hands to open it, be careful not to make it too thin. Lift the edges to make it into a tart and bake it for about 6 minutes.
Take the crust out, spread the mushrooms, the peppers (without the marinade oil obviously), the tomatoes, the vegan cheese and sprinkle dried rosemary on top.
Bake for 10 more minutes until the edges take a light color and enjoy!