Today we will show you how to turn your spoons into shovels so you can dig in to some geology dietology! This appealingly delicious dessert features 3 layers of refined sugar-free goodness to dig in to. The top layer is your favorite vegan jam (we used a refined sugar-free apricot jam). The second layer is a homemade, easy to make sweet and salty peanut butter. The bottom layer is a delicious raw brownie recipe we adapted from the amazing blog Unconventional Baker; click here for the original recipe. This is so delicious you won’t want to put your shovels down!
Ingredients for peanut butter layer (makes 2 1/4 cups or 530 ml):
- 3 cups (460 grams or 12.7 oz) of roasted, salted peanuts
- 3 Tablespoons of pure maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon of peanut oil (or oil of your choice)
Instructions for the peanut butter:
- Add ingredients into a high powered blender (or food processor for a chunkier peanut butter).
- Blend until as smooth as possible using tamper to push peanuts towards the blades.
- Remove peanut butter from blender and set aside.
Ingredients for raw brownie bottom (adapted from this recipe):
- 1 cup (90 grams or 3.175 oz) of raw walnuts
- 2/3 cup (115 grams or 4 oz) medjool dates without pits
- 2 Tablespoons cacao powder
- 1/8 teaspoon of Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pure maple syrup
Instructions for raw brownie bottom:
- Add all ingredients into blender (or food processor if you prefer a chunkier brownie).
- Blend or pulse until mixture is as smooth as you prefer.
- Empty raw brownie from blender and set aside.
Instructions for assembling these Dig In desserts (makes 3 desserts unless you make them with thinner layers than we used):
- In a small glass or mason jar add the brownie layer on bottom.
- Add a layer of peanut butter on top of the brownie.
- Top it off with your favorite vegan jam.
- Dig In!