This chipotle BBQ vegan cheese dip is one of my favorite snacks I’ve ever made! We use our own homemade barbecue sauce in it but you can use whatever bbq sauce you prefer to make it. I first came up with this recipe about 4 years ago now and it’s been a hit with everybody who has tried it ever since! It is an incredibly easy and simple recipe to make as well as a great appetizer or snack when you are in a hurry. This recipe makes a lot of dip (6 cups or 1420 ml) so make sure your blender can hold that much or you might have to cut the recipe in half.
Ingredients to make 6 cups or 1420 ml of dip:
- 2 cups (480 ml) of water
- 2 cups (320 grams) of raw almonds
- 1/2 cup (75 grams) of red onions or 2 teaspoons of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of vegan gluten free liquid smoke (North America example or Europe example)
- 1/4 teaspoon of chipotle pepper powder (North America example or Europe example)
- 1/2 cup (8 Tablespoons or 45 grams) of nutritional yeast
- 1/8 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1 cup (240 ml) of BBQ sauce (we use our own, click here for recipe)
- 2 small red peppers (180 grams with green top and seeds removed)
- Add all ingredients into a high speed blender
- Blend on highest speed using tamper to push ingredients towards the blades. Blend until completely smooth.