This is one of our favorite quick recipes. First you will want to boil a large pot of water then add:
- 500 grams of Gluten-Free Vegan Fusilli Noodles. (These are great and made from corn and it’s true, they contain no eggs or gluten!)
Boil these until they are tender (which usually takes 9 to 11 minutes), stir occasionally. After the are done, strain them to drain the water.
While the noodles are boiling, in a sauce pan over the stove on medium heat you will begin to add the following:
- 3 Tablespoons of vegan butter (melt it almost completely before adding the below ingredients)
- 6 Tablespoons (1/2 cup) of nutritional yeast
- 1 cup (200 ml) of vegan milk (you may use almond milk, soy milk, hazelnut milk, etc.)
- 140 grams (5 ounces) of vegan cheese (we used a vegan cheddar for this recipe)
- 2 to 3 teaspoons of sea salt (we used 3 teaspoons)
Whisk these ingredients in the sauce pan and continue whisking as the vegan cheese melts until smooth and creamy.
After noodles have been strained add the noodles back into the large pot you boiled them in. Pour the smooth and creamy cheese sauce over the noodles and stir it all together until it is spread evenly.
That’s all there is to it! Total time to make this delicious Cheesilli is about 15 minutes once you have done it once or twice. Expect to take up to 25 minutes if it is your first time. Enjoy!