Today we bring you smoked vegan mac and cheese which happens to be a quick, easy and great recipe for summer. Boutique Vegan recently sent us some of this vegan liquid smoke so I decided to make vegan mac and cheese with a little twist. It turned out awesome and this recipe is really simple. This is a great side dish or even main course if you ask me!
- 4 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 cup (240 ml) of vegan milk
- 4 Tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of liquid smoke
- 1 cup (100 grams) of vegan cheese that melts
- 500 grams (17.6 oz) of your favorite vegan and/or gluten free noodles
- 200 grams of tofu or tempeh vegan sausages or vegan hot dogs (optional)
- If you are using tofu or tempeh vegan sausages or vegan hot dogs you will want to pre-cook them using your favorite method. We used a frying pan over medium heat until they were ready. Once they cooled down a bit we sliced them.
- Boil water for the noodles. Once the water is ready, boil the noodles according to their instructions.
- Strain and drain the excess water from the noodles. Pour noodles back into pot you boiled them in.
- Stir in all the other ingredients. Keep stirring until they are mixed thoroughly!
- Serve and enjoy!