- 2 eggplants
- Half of a medium sized red onion
- Half of a green pepper
- Half of a red bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- Gound black pepper
- 5-6 fresh basil leaves
- 5-6 fresh parsley leaves
- 1 ½ cup of gluten free self raising all-purpose flour (We use Dove’s Farm – click here)
- 1/2 cup of grated vegan cheese that melts and stretches
- 3 Tablespoons of olive oil
Peel the eggplants and cut them into smaller pieces. Add them in the blender (we use a Vitamix) with the rest of the ingredients except the flour. Blend them well. When they are smooth, remove the mix from the blender and put it on a thin strainer to strain it’s excess liquids. In a bowl, mix the eggplant mix with the flour and the cheese, until you get a nice dough. Cover the bowl with saran wrap and place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
Preheat your oven to 160° Celsius (320° F). On parchment paper, place a small portion of the dough in a round shape. Repeat until you have used all the dough. Bake the little buns for 15 minutes. They remain soft and tasty! Perfect for a gourmet I can’t believe they’re vegan burger!