I would like to inform our subscribers that we are planning something for the meatout day on Friday, so you will receive our e-mails everyday as we post recipes this week leading up to it. So, we apologize for all the notifications you will be receiving from us this week but after that we will return to out usual rhythm! We are currently working with a nutritionist on a vegan nutrition project. This cashew cream fruit salad recipe was the idea of the nutritionist we are working with, Dimitra Makrigianni, as a fruit salad that will keep someone satisfied for dinner. The combination I chose made me fall in love with it and picture it for breakfast as well! A filling fruit salad featuring corn flakes as a crust, a fluffy sweet cashew cream filling paired with oranges, blonde raisins and cinnamon on top. One spoonful will convince you!
Ingredients for the toppings:
- Your favorite fresh fruits
- Dried fruits and/or spices
Ingredients for the cashew cream:
- 1 cup (100 grams) of raw cashews
- 1/2 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons of maple syrup (or less if you prefer)
- 3 Tablespoons of water
- Pinch of vanilla powder
Instructions for the cashew cream:
- Soak cashews overnight
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or any blender (because you soaked the cashews it does not need to be a high powered blender).
- Blend until completely smooth.
Ingredients for the crust:
- Corn flakes (gluten free and without sugar)
- Vegan milk or water
Some assembly required:
- Add some corn flakes in the bottom of a bowl. Add a tiny little bit of vegan milk or water, enough for them to absorb it and come together as the quickest crust ever.
- Add as much cashew cream as you would like.
- Top it with your favorite fruits chopped.
This cashew cream is really delicious, it almost has a vegan cheesecake flavor to it! What’s your favorite fruit topping combinations? Let me know because I am curious what other people like.