Why not share an all-time favorite with the world? Vegan gluten free chocolate cake? No way! It is possible and here is how it’s done:
Pre-heat your oven to 145° Celsius (293° F)
In a large mixing bowl whisk:
- 1 cup of buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup of gluten free all-purpose self-raising flour ( We use this flour in North America and the same flour in Europe)
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon of ground flax seeds
- 5 Tablespoons of cacao powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of xanthan gum
Once whisked set aside. In a separate bowl prepare your wet mixture:
- 1 cup of vegan milk (almond milk, hazelnut milk, rice milk, soy milk, etc)
- 1/2 cup of sunflower oil
- 1/2 cup of agave syrup
- 4 Tablespoons of vegan butter
- 1 Tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup of raw cane sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown raw cane sugar
Mix until almost smooth. You will still see small chunks of the vegan butter floating around, this is ok.
Now, slowly pour your dry ingredient mixture into the wet mixture. Stir until almost completely smooth. Again, there may be small pieces of the vegan butter visible if you mixed by hand, this is ok, they will melt in the oven!
You can use an old trick of pouring a thin layer of buckwheat flour on the bottom of your cake pan to prevent the cake from sticking after it’s baked or use parchment paper! Either way, pour your mixture into your cake pan and bake it in the oven at 145° Celsius (293° F) until a knife or toothpick comes out clean. It should take 15 to 25 minutes depending on your oven!
As you can see from our photo we made a cake with our almond vanilla cream in the middle! To do this pour half the butter in the cake pan, bake for about 8 minutes until it is solid, then add your cream and the rest of the butter and bake till the knife comes clean! This cake recipe can be used for many ideas, we will show you some of our ideas for it in the future as well! Enjoy!