*Sigh* Vegan bacon cheeseburger pizza. As a boy growing up there were three things I loved: music, American football and bacon cheeseburger pizza from a joint known as Godfather’s Pizza. In this recipe I wanted to make my favorite kind of pizza on my favorite style of pizza crust: stuffed crust! To make this pizza vegan and gluten free was a nice treat for me. Here is how it’s done:
First you will need to prepare a few things before getting started:
- Vegan Eggplant Bacon (click here for the recipe)
- Vegan Ground Beef (click here for the recipe)
- Vegan Pizza Sauce (click here for the recipe)
Finally, choose a crust:
- We used Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Pizza Crust (click here for product review and instructions) (click here to order in Europe or click here to order in North America)
- Or, you could choose a traditional easy gluten free pizza crust (click here for recipe)
- Or, go with a deep dish style crust (click here for recipe).
- Diced white onions
- Sliced pickles
- Prepare your ingredients, pre-bake your crust and add the pizza sauce.
- Add the optional diced onions if you would like.
- Add shredded or grated white vegan cheese for pizza that melts and stretches. If you have a vegan Mozzarella that would be perfect.
- Add the vegan ground beef.
- Top it all off with some more shredded vegan cheddar cheese.
- If you went the stuffed crust route like we did, you can add both kinds of vegan cheeses in the stuffed crust as well. We did and it was amazing!
- Bake the pizza according to the instructions for your crust of choice.
- Remove from the oven and top with the eggplant bacon (made into bacon bits by crumbling with your hands) and the optional pickle slices if you desire.
- Slice and enjoy!